Facebook is the biggest social media platform and networking Service Company. It has more than 2.3 billion monthly active users. So, it also cares for your data security over the internet but it is equally important for you take care of your privacy and account security. Here, in this article, we will discuss how to keep you Facebook account secure. If you are looking for some assistance or help, then contact Facebook Support.
Things you can do to keep your Facebook account secure
Protect your password
- Make your password strong enough, so it becomes difficult to guess. Avoid including your names, common word, date of birth, or phone number. Try to create the password which has combination of alphabets, numbers, and characters.
- Avoid using your FB password anywhere else online, and never share it with any other people.
Never share you login credentials
- There are the scammers who create the fake websites that look like FB and ask you to login with your email and password. So, avoid doing that and always check the Facebook URL before entering your login info. You can also enter the URL facebook.com into your browser.
- Try to avoid forwarding emails from your Facebook to other people, since they may have critical information about your account.
Never forget to log out of Facebook when you use a computer or device which you share with other people
- Always logout from your account after your work is over whenever you use on the device that is also used by some other person.
Avoid accepting the request from the people you don’t know
- Scammers may create the fake accounts to friend people and later try to trap them.
- If you are accepting the request, then they can spam your timeline, tag you in posts and also send you the malicious messages.
Beware of malicious software
- Nowadays there are several malicious software which can cause damage to a computer, server or computer network.
- Always try to keep your web browser up to date and remove the suspicious applications and browser add-ons.
Don’t click suspicious links
- Never click the suspicious links, even if they come from a friend or a company you know, such links you can find on your FB posts or emails.
- Facebook never asks for your password in email, so if you see any suspicious link on FB report it.
So, these are the simple steps which you need to in order to keep your FB account secure. If you are looking for extra security options, then you can reach experts by dialing Facebook helpline Number.