Avast is one of the best and most popular antivirus software that protects your PC from various security threats such as virus, malware, Trojans etc. This software is well-known for distinct security features and functionalities. Along with providing the best security, it also provides excellent customer service. In case, if you need any help with reference to Avast antivirus software, then just contact Avast Customer Support. Before taking advantage of this antivirus software, first of all, you are required to install it on your system.
But, few times while installing this software user may come across the error during the installation process. The error is Avast antivirus error 40961. Here, in this article, we will discuss the cause of error and procedure for fixing it.
Symptoms of Avast Antivirus Error 40961: –
The symptoms mentioned below can be the indication of error code 40961.
- Avast Error 40961 appears, and then the active software window crashes.
- Avast Error Code 40961 is displayed.
- The computer periodically starts freezing for a few seconds at a time.
- While running the same program the system crashes with Antivirus Error 40961.
- Windows run very slow and response to keyboard and mouse also becomes slow.
Reasons for Avast Antivirus Error 40961: –
Reason for the error 40961 is mentioned below.
- This error can arise when virus or malware infects the Avast antivirus software related files which corrupts the Windows system.
- Other possible cause can be corruption in the Windows registry.
- Incomplete installation or corrupt download can be other cause of this error.
- In case, if some other program deletes Avast antivirus related files, then also this error can occur.
Steps to fix Error code 40961: –
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to fix this issue.
- First of all, repair all registry entries associated with Error 40961
- Then, update all your PC device drivers
- Try to uninstall and then re-installing the Avast antivirus
- Start a complete malware scan of your PC
- Then, run Windows system file checker
- Clean all the system junk i.e. temporary files and folders with disk clean up
- Then, fix recent system changes using Windows system restore
- Check out all the available Windows update and install them
- Finally, perform a clean installation of Windows
Hopefully, above mentioned steps are helpful for fixing the Error 40961 in case, if you got stuck somewhere, then just give a call on Avast Customer Service Number for availing instant help by Mycustomerservice.org, This number is available round the clock to provide assistance to the users